Protect Your Social Network Accounts and Mobile Devices
By Andy O'Donnell, About.com Guide
- Social Networking Security (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc)
- Smart Phone Security
- iOS Device Security (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
Social Networking Security (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc)
Do you spend half your day on Facebook or Google+? The bad guys are out there too, spending a lot of time trying to steal your personal information so they can use it for nefarious purposes. Learn how to protect yourself below.
- 5 Things You Should Never Post on Facebook
- How to Tell a Facebook Friend From a Facebook Hacker
- How to Hide Your Facebook Posts From Your Mom
- Help! My Facebook Account Has Been Hacked!
- How to Easily Backup Your Facebook Data
- How To Secure Your Facebook Timeline
- Facebook Security, Safety, and Privacy
- The Dangers of Facebook Oversharing
- The Top 5 Facebook Scams to Watch out for
- Facebook Safety Tips for Teens
- Staying Safe on Twitter
- Google+ Security, Privacy, and Safety
Smart Phone Security
This section provides you with guidance on how to secure your Smart Phone.
- Blackberry Security
- Android Security
- Microsoft Windows Mobile Security Site
- How to Boobytrap Your Smartphone
- Voicemail Hacking Explained
iOS Device Security (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
iOS, Apple's operating system for mobile devices, is shared by several of their product lines including: iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. This section details how to protect the device and also provides guidance for securing "Jailbroken" configurations as well.
- DIY iPhone-controlled Home Security Camera for less than $100
- How to Setup Parental Controls on an iPad, iPod Touch, or iPhone.
- Is Jailbreaking Your iPhone Safe?
- How to Erase Your iPhone's Data Before You Sell it